Epson, the global market share leader in SCARA robots for 8 consecutive years, will be launching its N2, T-series and LS3 robots amongst other industrial robots in Manila at the Manufacturing Technology World Manila 2019, in a first time showcase of its robotics in Philippines.
- Launch of Patented Folding Arm N2 Robots
- Epson will be launching its N2 robots that feature a patented compact folding arm technology, a world’s first innovation in 6-axis robot design that brings extreme maneuverability, improving efficiency of motion for complex and high precision assembly tasks.
The Epson N2 robots have the unique ability to fold through itself, versus moving around. This reduces the number of intermediate points and shortens cycle times. Designed for confined workspaces and smaller payloads, the N2 robot reduces required workspace area by up to 40% compared to standard 6-Axis robots. The robots can operate in areas as small as 600mm x 600mm, enabling more efficient assembly line layout and improved productivity.
The N2 series of robots comes with Epson’s proprietary Residual Vibration Technology, a motion control feedback system using Epson’s Quartz Micro Electro Mechanical Systems that reduces vibration, enabling high performance for outstanding speed, precision, acceleration and deceleration rates.
The industrial robots are equipped with Epson Vision Guide software – advanced machine vision and image processing systems that provide an interface for developing robot vision applications.
With a maximum reach of 450mm and with a 2.5kg payload, the industrial robots can be used across the manufacturing industry, for a wide variety of applications including precise assembly of electronic components, medical and consumer products.
Affordable Robots Engineered for Easy Installation and Tight Spaces
- Manufacturers have been reluctant to automate material handling tasks that add little value because of the expense and trouble involved in building production lines. Epson is addressing these concerns and bringing down this barrier with the launch of the affordably priced and easy to install T-series robots.
- “Many manufacturers including SMEs are reluctant to embark on the automation journey as they are concerned on the effort and investment required to build production lines. Our precision robots bring fast and easy integration to factories and small plants with minimal design change to the current line layout, while dramatically enhancing productivity. The T-series are easy to install and affordable for businesses,” said Ng Ngee Khiang, Regional Director, Visual Products & Robotics Solutions, Epson Singapore.
Epson’s T-series Industrial Robots
Showcasing at event, the T3 robot is part of the T-series line up of robots that are designed for maximum simplicity of installation and usability that lower the barriers to automation and are perfect for automating simple material handling tasks.
With the T6 robots, users can replace multiple low-cost single-axis robots that take up a lot of space and require troublesome adjustment and maintenance work. Users save space, reduce setup time, and minimise downtime, ultimately leading to cost savings.
The Epson T-series come with a built-in controller that saves space and simplifies robot setup and redeployment. It also comes with batteryless motors – Users will never need to buy, replace, and dispose of old motor batteries. Users can sharply reduce running costs and line downtime.
The T-series of robots can be used for automation of test machine loading/unloading and other simple processes that previously relied on people when automation did not make financial sense.
Epson’s LS3 Industrial Robots
- The LS3 robots provide high performance at an affordable cost. Engineered for maximum usability and a low total cost of ownership (TCO), the entry-level 6-axis LS3 robots can handle a maximum payload of 3kg with an arm length of 400mm.
- Among the many possible uses for this robot include mechanical or electrical assembly, pick and place, kitting and dispensing, amongst others.
Epson Booth G01 at Manufacturing Technology World Manila 2019
Epson’s booth will be at G01 at MTA World Manila 2019 held from 10 to 12 October 2019.
Market share based on revenue and unit sales of industrial SCARA robots, 2011-2018. (Source: Fuji Keizai "2012 - 2019 Reality and Future Outlook of Worldwide Robot Market").
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to becoming indispensable to society by connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. The company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics. Epson is proud of its contributions to realizing a sustainable society and its ongoing efforts to realizing the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the worldwide Epson Group generates annual sales of more than US$10 billion.
About Epson Singapore
Since 1982, Epson has developed a strong presence across major markets in Southeast Asia and South Asia. Led by the regional headquarters Epson Singapore, Epson’s business in Southeast Asia spans an extensive network of 11 countries with a comprehensive infrastructure of close to 500 service outlets, 7 Epson solution centres and 7 manufacturing facilities.
About Epson Philippines
Epson’s corporate presence in the Philippines commenced in 1998. It grew rapidly into a multi-billion-peso company in a span of a few years from its establishment due to its customer-oriented approach in its business management style by its dedicated and innovative staff members and officers. Epson Philippines has an extensive network of 94 Authorized Service Partners in 130 locations nationwide and has more than 400 dealers and more than 800 shops across the country. For more details, please visit our website (www.epson.com.ph) or our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonPhilippines).
For product inquiries and technical support, please contact Epson Customer Care at: Metro Manila: (02) 8441-9030; Toll Free: 1-800-1069-37766 (PLDT), 1-800-3-0037766 (DIGITEL) or visit the Epson Customer Care website: http://customercare.epson.com.ph.
|Media Contacts: |
For Epson Philippines Corporation: May S. Intal
| For PRC, Inc.: |
Media Relations Director