Epson announced the launch of its high-speed line head Multi-Function monochrome inkjet printer for enterprise printing, the environmentally-friendly WorkForce Enterprise WF-M20590 that prints at ultra-fast speeds of 100 pages per minute (ppm) while reducing impact to the environment when compared to laser printers.
Driven by Epson’s PrecisionCore linehead technology, the WF-M20590 delivers a fast first page-out time of 6.2 seconds with minimal warm-up time. High capacity ink cartridges yield up to 120,000 pages of high-quality prints, enabling continuous printing with uninterrupted downtime and a lower total cost of ownership. Designed to meet the high-volume printing needs of businesses, the printer can handle print volume of 20,000 to 100,000 pages per month.
As inkjet printers do not use heat in the printing process, they consume far less power than laser printers. The WorkForce Enterprise printers consume up to 85% less energy than a similar-speed laser printer, which can amount to significant cost savings in the office.
Inkjet printers also produce up to 85% less carbon dioxide than those of comparable laser printers3. This means that for every 8 cedar trees required to absorb the amount of carbon dioxide because of using a laser printer, an Epson inkjet printer requires only 1 cedar tree.
In terms of waste generation, the WorkForce Enterprise printers come with fewer components that need replacing, making them more convenient to operate as they require only changing of the ink cartridges and maintenance box as compared to the toner, drum, developer, fusers and more components for laser models.
This translates to 59% less replacement parts compared to laser printers4, significantly reducing the amount of waste generated and impact on the environment over the lifetime of a printer. With this, downtime is greatly reduced, with much less maintenance for the printer needed over its lifetime.
“Following the success of the WF-C20590, we are introducing the monochrome WF-M20590 for black and white printing. The WF-M20590 provides an eco-friendly alternative to laser printers while delivering on its 100ppm speed and productivity. As Epson’s inkjet technology does not use heat for printing, the benefits that this brings are manifold – Reduced maintenance and downtime, no warm-up time required for first print out, ability to print on a wide variety of paper types, and of course, a much-reduced impact to the environment in terms of energy consumption and waste generated,” said Eduardo Bonoan, General Manager – Marketing for Epson Philippines.
- High speed scan (simplex / duplex): 60 / 110ipm
- Low power consumption - 180W (operating)
- Default print resolution 600 x 1200dpi - High print quality up to 600 x 2400dpi
- DuraBrite Pro pigment inks
- Diverse media handling – Up to A3+ size on a range of media types of varying thickness of up to 350g/m2 and length of up to 1.2m.
- 5,350 sheet (80g/m2) max paper input with optional high capacity tray
- 4,000 sheet optional finisher unit with shift-sorting and stapling functions
- Versatile connectivity – Equipped with Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, USB 3.0, NFC and various mobile and remote printing solutions. Users can print and scan directly to smart devices.
- Advanced workflow solutions – Epson Device Admin for fleet management and Epson Print Admin for secured centralised management.
- Replacement cartridge yields are based on ISO/IEC 24711 tests in Default Mode printing continuously. Cartridge yields vary considerably for reasons including images printed, print settings, temperature and
- Testing was commissioned by Epson to Keypoint Intelligence-Buyers Lab. Two comparison models were selected from color laser multi-function printers in the 65-70ppm class. Tests were conducted at the devices’ default settings using Keypoint Intelligence-Buyers Lab standard energy consumption test methods. Calculations were based on a weekday workload of 2 x 4 hours printing + 16 hours in sleep/standby mode, and weekend energy use of 48 hours in sleep/standby mode. A total of 69 pages of workload test pattern .doc, .xls, .ppt, .html, and Outlook files were printed 6 times in each 4-hour printing period.
- 3 Annual CO2 output calculations were based on JEMAI-LCA Pro. Cedar tree CO2 absorption calculations were based on Japan Forestry Agency standards of 8.8kg CO2 per annum per tree.
4Testing was commissioned by Epson to Keypoint Intelligence-Buyers Lab. Two comparison models were selected from color laser multi-function printers in the 65-70ppm class. Calculations were based on the frequency and volume of consumables and replacement parts required to print 1 million pages (ISO/IEC 24712 test pattern) over a period of 5 years.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to becoming indispensable to society by connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. The company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics. Epson is proud of its contributions to realizing a sustainable society and its ongoing efforts to realizing the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the worldwide Epson Group generates annual sales of more than US$10 billion.
About Epson Singapore
Since 1982, Epson has developed a strong presence across major markets in Southeast Asia and South Asia. Led by the regional headquarters Epson Singapore, Epson’s business in Southeast Asia spans an extensive network of 11 countries with a comprehensive infrastructure of close to 500 service outlets, 7 Epson solution centres and 7 manufacturing facilities.
About Epson Philippines
Epson’s corporate presence in the Philippines commenced in 1998. It grew rapidly into a multi-billion-peso company in a span of a few years from its establishment due to its customer-oriented approach in its business management style by its dedicated and innovative staff members and officers. Epson Philippines has an extensive network of 94 Authorized Service Partners in 130 locations nationwide and has more than 400 dealers and more than 800 shops across the country. For more details, please visit our website (www.epson.com.ph) or our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonPhilippines).
For product inquiries and technical support, please contact Epson Customer Care at: Metro Manila: (02) 441-9030; Toll Free: 1-800-1069-37766 (PLDT), 1-800-3-0037766 (DIGITEL) or visit the Epson Customer Care website: http://customercare.epson.com.ph.
|Media Contacts: |
For Epson Philippines Corporation: May S. Intal
| For PRC, Inc.: |
Media Relations Director